Thursday, October 3, 2013

What A Character - Seth from Hidden Mortality

Hidden Mortality

In Bath in 1850 a witch is murdered in a ritual granting longevity to four men. What they are not aware of is that she has bestowed the same power to another called Seth to avenge her death.

Cara is a descendant of the witch and fills her days with food with her Irish themed catering business. Her nights are another matter; they are full of erotic dreams of a mysterious lover, or nightmares with mutilated bodies. So this wasn’t the best time for her Nana to tell her she is coming into her power.

Of the original four immortals, Vincent is the only one left and to stop his own long life fading he needs another witch to kill. Seth was meant to protect the witch’s descendants from a distance, but with Cara he can’t stay away. He has to make a choice to love Cara, or avenge the original death and possible die himself. Cara has the fight of her life on when one man comes to kill her, and another to love her.


Character Interview with Seth from Hidden Mortality

1. What one thing from your childhood has had the biggest effect upon you as an adult? 

My father beat my mother when he drank too much. I swore I never would but I ended up hurting someone long ago. I have lived a long time trying to pay penance for my wrong.


2. What is the worst thing that has ever happened to you? 

Becoming immortal but not being able to avenge the death of my first love. Even worse would be to live on if Cara died.


3. What do you do best?

I watch over the ones I love.


4. Where do you call home? 

My small cottage and forge not far from Bath.


5. Do you have a secret? 

I know that if I kill another immortal with the dagger I repaired I will die as well.


6. On what occasion would you lie? 

If it would give me time to save those I love.


7. What is your current state of mind? 

I have never been so afraid and so determined to keep the love I have found with Cara.


8. What would you change about yourself?

I would become mortal and grow old with Cara


9. Do you believe in luck? 

After living so long I think luck may happen but it does not always favour the righteous.


10. Do you have any distinguishing marks? 

My chest is covered in scars. One for each time I have failed to save someone I loved and cared for.


11. What makes you really angry?

People who throw away the gift of love


12. What is your greatest fear? 

I have loved and lost before. Cara is the reason why I live. If I lost her I don’t know what will become of me. To be immortal and to lose the ones you love destroys you.


13. What would you do to save someone you love? 

Give my life.


Hidden Mortality is scheduled for release October from Soul Mate Publishing


Blood Scent available from Rogue Phoenix Press


Website - maggiemundy.com 













No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments. Why not leave one?